17 July 2011

Scope Sunday

I felt Jim's presence at the MIT Swapfest this morning.  I found two Tektronix oscilloscopes that needed a good home, a 465 and a 475A.  Ten dollars each and guaranteed not to work.



Here's the appropriate quote from page 7 of Jim's second book: "It just seems sacrilege to let a good piece of equipment die...  fixing is simply a lot of fun.  I may be the only person at an electronics flea market who will pay more for the busted stuff!"

While I felt no need to pay more for these scopes, I certainly knew they had to come home with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

$10 each? Nice.

zb said...

I like how you put your favourite quote of each app'note under your posts. Of all of Jim Williams' quotes, the one about paying more for the busted stuff from his (magazine or book) article about about fixing is my all time favorite.

Number two on my hit list is Jim's quote that a home "... laboratory is, after all, [...] almost an unfair advantage." It can be found in no place like home.